- Maharashtra’s total installed capacity is 17813 MW. Share of Hydro-electric project is 3551 MW (20%).
- Total no of hydroelectric project in Maharashtra is 45
- Generation & Pumping started from India’s 2nd and States 1st biggest Ghatghar Udanchan Project. Till Dec.2009 196.5 Million Units power generated & 259.609 Million Units used for pumping. Unit No 1 of this project handed over to Maha Genco on 17-08-2009
- 65 Hydro Electric projects handed over under privatization. Tender procedure for 19 more projects started.
- Rs.108.81 Cr. from Sardar Sarovar Inter State project & Rs.21.07 Cr. From pench Inter State project received from Mahavitaran @ Rs.2.05 per unit as share of Maharashtra State.
- revised lease proposal for the hydro-electric projects which have been handed over to Maha Genco has been sanctioned by Maharashtra Electric Regulation Board. Project wise revised lease is being received from 2009-10 on quarterly basis.
- Dolvahal Hydro Electric project is directed and controlled by remote control. It becomes Maharashtras 1 st remote control hydro-electric project
- Provision of Rs.400 Cr. has been made for the year 2010-11 for Hydro-Electric project
- As per the Central Govt. policy, the Hydro-electric projects which have completed 7 years of execution are being renewed / upgraded.
- Tender procedures for main Genset, water turbine & other equipments for Koyna left bank hydro-electric project ( 2X40 MW) are in progress. Main feature of this project is Deriyaz type of water turbine is to be used 1st time in Maharashtra. If head variations are more then this type of water turbines are used. The decision to use this kind of turbines has been made in view to use available water reservoir at optimum level for electric generation.
- Primary works of Kal (1X15 MW) & Kumbhe (1X10 MW) have been started. Govt. has started electrification & mechanical works of these projects through tender procedure.
- Neera Devdhar Hydro-electric projects(2X3 MW) activated on 10-10-09. Till Dec. 09 5.5 Million units of electricity have been generated from the same.
- Construction of the projects under privatization namely Tembhu Barrage , Konal & Devgad completed. Trials of the same are in progress.
- Work of Hydro-Electric project under privatization named Khadakvasala (2 X 0.600 MW) has been started. Machines on the work site are been received.